Looking at some of the different cultures of our clients, we were highlighting some of the characteristics of various types of organisation, and we decided there's one type of client that almost always exhibits the same working culture – the multinational mega-corporation.
We've all worked with quite a few of these over the years and recognise the same good traits in them all:
- The enthusiasm and dedication of the people who work there
- The willingness to try and change from the ground up
- The friendly and relaxed nature of the office environment
Unfortunately, though, we've all come across the same bad traits in these same organisations
- The length of time it takes to get anything authorised
- The multiple stakeholders almost never being in the same room at the same time
- The "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" mentality from the top down; of course, there are exceptions to this – usually those multinationals that have adopted Agile practices as a result of working with an Agile consultancy!