IndigoBlue recently became an accredited training organisation, authorised to offer APMG’s AgilePM® training and Foundation/Practitioner certifications.
Although styled as a course for project managers, the AgilePM® course is suitable for everybody who might be engaged in supporting or delivering an Agile project. It explains many of the important concepts that underpin all Agile methods and no prior knowledge of Agile is necessary.
AgilePM® is based on the long established and proven DSDM method (the Agile Business Consortium website has more details on DSDM). It is ideal for organisations that are looking to take their first steps with Agile methods or looking to mature their existing process. It works well for single teams and can be scaled to multi-team programmes, perhaps as an alternative to SAFe® (Scaled Agile Framework).
AgilePM® provides a set of recommended roles, phases, practices and governance artefacts (products) that form a ready-to-implement method or can be adapted to work with Scrum and other Agile processes.
Some features of AgilePM® include:
- A strong focus on time delivery of high quality products
- Outcome-based planning – as with other Agile methods, it encourages incremental delivery for early ROI
- Clarity on the different management styles that are required on Agile projects
- Enhanced communication and stakeholder engagement skills, suited to working on Agile projects
- A rich set of defined roles, filling gaps left by some other Agile methods
- A broad range of governance artefacts to promote transparency, communication, collaboration and rapid decision-making
At the end of the three-day course, you have the opportunity to take the AgilePM® Foundation Exam. If you’re successful, you then have the option to take the AgilePM® Practitioner Exam on the fourth day.
We have run the course with software teams as well as DevOps/infrastructure-based teams, achieving high pass marks and excellent feedback from those attending.
With competitive rates and options to customise the course around your particular organisation, why not get in touch to see how this course could move your teams forward?
And you can find out here about other training we offer.