This APMG AgilePM® training course offers a proven and repeatable methodology for the management of Agile projects, equipping you with the principles, concepts and processes you require in order to take an iterative development approach, reduce project risk and cost, and deliver value earlier.
AgilePM® is a flexible framework, suited both to organisations just starting out with Agile and those that wish to mature their existing processes and ways of working.
It works well with single teams and can also be scaled up for multi-team programmes. It is suitable for anyone involved in the delivery of an Agile project or workstream, not just Project Managers.
Based on DSDM (Dynamic Systems Development Method), the AgilePM® framework supplies a set of recommended roles, phases, practices and governance artefacts (products). Features of AgilePM® include:
- A strong focus on timely delivery of high-quality products
- Outcome-based planning – as with other Agile methods, it encourages incremental delivery for early ROI
- A rich set of roles that fill gaps left by other Agile methods, with an emphasis on engagement with those receiving the output from the project team
- A broad range of governance artefacts to promote transparency, communication, collaboration and rapid decision-making
At the end of the three-day course delegates can take the AgilePM® Foundation Exam and, if successful, optionally take the AgilePM® Practitioner Exam on the fourth day of the course.
All of our training is provided in-house at our clients’ offices by expert practitioners and – at no additional cost – we tailor our courses to the needs of our clients.
DOWNLOAD COURSE OUTLINE
We recommend this course for:
- Practising project managers
- Team members aiming to become project managers
- Anyone involved in the delivery of an Agile project or work stream
By completing the course to Foundation level, you will learn:
- the underpinning philosophy and principles of Agile
- the lifecycle of an Agile project
- the products produced during an Agile project and their purpose
- the techniques used and their benefits and limitations
- the roles and responsibilities within an Agile project
By completing the course to Practitioner level, you will learn:
- how to apply a variety of Agile practices in a project
- how to test, estimate and evaluate value delivery
- the mechanisms for facilitation and support
- the Agile approach to managing and prioritising requirements
What our trainees think
IndigoBlue’s APMG courses yield excellent feedback and our trainees achieve high-pass rates. See what some of our trainees have to say about their training experience with us: